Saturday 20 January 2018

From Coffee Stain to JADE NIGHT

Recently I uploaded a design to my www.redbubble.com/people/scholara #redbubble called #jadenight. I used a slightly different method for that  one.

I started with a background /bottom layer that was dark blue and then I applied the #gimp #coffeestain #filter. This makes a washed out (semi)circular brown mark and turned my blues to sepia. Why did I use Coffee Stain ? I wanted to experiemtn and see what happened if I used the Color Edit Tools!

Copyright Julie Vaux 2018

Off to the Color Tools. Turn down the yellows reds blacks etc and way up for greens and blues and shift the saturation too! Yes much more interesting!

Copyright Julie Vaux 2018


Ah the blues are back along with some interesting greens but I need to make to crop and tile!

Copyright Julie Vaux 2018

This is a small version of the final image that was uploaded to Red Bubble.



I cropped the edges twice and still have a very faint line showing on a couple of products but I dont think it distracts too much ?
You can get this on scarves tote bags prints notebooks lotsa gifts ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment