Wednesday 27 October 2021

Inktober - Hessel Gerritsz - Etching

#ruisdael #etching #landscape 

I hope these educational posts are helpful even if its just saving any of my followers or visitors time scrolling thru Google Image Search? Let me if it helped. I wasnt at work today so I got to catch up scheduling the posts but I may have to put this blog on hiatus closer to Christmas. 

I don't have enough followers or Adsense income to make this a full time job so let me know has this blog helped even if just giving you something to enjoy looking at? 



This is Hessel Gerritsz ' Etching of Summer Aetas. It caugh my eye because it reminded me of the some of the Summer theme illumined mansucripts I was looking at earlier this year and last year especially some by simon Bening.  

Gerritsz was one of those artists also notorious for copying other works and for perhaps being too productive and profiting from the interest in prints from the middle classes of the Netherlands who could not afford to commission paintings but wanted artworks for their homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment