Sunday 16 February 2020

GIMP SUNRISE

#GIMP #sunrise #digitalpainting

Here's a demo of digital painting of a SUNRISE 

I don't have a tablet or digital pencil. I just used Gimp on a laptop with a touchpad.

Please note this is a demo not a just finished image but how I start one. 

This being GIMP I started off with a bottom layer and used Supernova to make the sun.


I limited the radius and turned off the rays and used the grid in Supernova to place the sun over a background of pink. Why pink? Well I am trying to suggest a dawn scene?



Next I used Airbrush to create Clouds and Sky using White and Blue over the Pink. I turned the Opacity down at the edges of the clouds.


Finally I added the Oilfy Filter and tweaked the Contrast.

Now I have a background I can use as it is or edit further to add more detail or tone to the sky and clouds  or I could add birds or mountains or darker clouds or shift the colors and tones to be redder or blend them more.

The files I used to make this will be available SOON as rewards on my Patreon and I may do a more finished version of the image as a print. Please visit JVartndesign 

There will also be an Inkscape demo on a similar theme. Come back to view that. I will post it later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment