Sunday 30 June 2019

Inkscapes Pointillism Filter - Dark Sky and Sun

Another post in my ABC exploration of Various Inkscape Filters !

#Inkscape has a #pointillism #filter in the #Distort menu.

Here's my experiment with it. I generated an Oblong and filled it with a very dark blue black and then applied the Pointillism Filter and then a gradient. This make me think of starry skies and wonder if it could be useful for science illustrations. Yes you would have to crop the edges but ...



You can see the possibilities to create a low resolution background thats not a memory hog and add edits and layers and objects? You don't have to have the sun. I'm also thinking you can flip the gradient around and have a starry sky BG and a blank area you can use for a foreground or higher layer? Another usage might be exporting to Gimp and applying the Supernova Filter ?

No comments:

Post a Comment