Sunday 29 July 2018

Ripple Sun Demo

#demo #inkscape #filters 
Using Distort and Ripple Filters to make a Sun in Inkscape

There are several ways to make a sun using Inkscape depending on how stylized you want the object to be. I started with the Polygon tool. Make sure Fill and Stroke are set for the same color.




Distort is a menu and Torn Edges a filter. Ripple is under Distort.

Now you have something like a son now you can reset the stroke to yellow or orange if you want to but first duplicate a sun make it larger and move it down to be the bottom layer and you can get this!

Only two vector objects but 4 colors in the result!  I probably should tweak the width and height or maybe give this a dark background. You could change the red centre to another color if you want to.

If I get some feedback I may put this up on my #deviantart

No comments:

Post a Comment